To tolerate means to accept or endure (someone or something unpleasant or disliked) with forbearance.
To allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference.
We have been conditioned to ACCEPT and TOLERATE subpar health as the new normal. We’ve been indoctrinated to ACCEPT the idea of preventable diseases running in our families as an unavoidable fact. We’ve been trained to TOLERATE ingesting and injecting foreign and strange chemicals into our bodies on a daily basis as something necessary and effective. Ultimately we've been brainwashed to believe fancy lies which in turn makes many of us food for a system that has no intentions of truly seeing us healthy.
Will you continue to TOLERATE the constant discomfort of being short of breath when walking up a flight of stairs? Are you tired of being on the anxiety rollercoaster when you think you have chest pain, foot numbness, or an unhealed cut because you know it could be coming from the high blood sugar that you’ve been ignoring? Do you accept the lifelong commitment to taking several medications, for years on end, only to have them increased by your prescriber because the condition has progressed?
Just think about all the things we tolerate or accept, while being displeased with the very interaction or outcome of that thing. It’s almost as if we are telling the very thing that we are unpleased with, that its continuation and existence is more important than our own state of well-being and happiness.
Think about this, do you like your excess weight? Do you like your uncontrolled blood pressure and blood sugar? Do you consider any of those states as being healthy and progressive? Most of us would agree that these are not healthy states of being but in fact unhealthy states. Then why do we tolerate them?
You will never change what you tolerate…
You will either take control of your life and future or you will be dominated by the things you tolerate.
Ok, so now we’ve identified a problem with unhealthy tolerance, what’s the solution? Here are my five steps to removing intolerable health conditions from your life.
1. List them- What are you unhappy with pertaining to your health? Is it your weight, blood pressure, or the number of medications you are taking? Would you like to improve or eradicate these things? Then list them and identify the issue or condition while being as detailed as possible.
Example- I am very unhappy with injecting 35 units of insulin, 3-4 times a day while knowing it’s the source of my 40-pound weight gain and sore abdomen. I am also unhappy with my doctor wanting to increase this to 40 units of insulin, seeing that I was just taking 10 units last year.
List all the things that you dislike about it, the time that it has consumed, the opportunities that you may have missed, and the inconveniences that this condition may have caused. While writing this you may get angry, and if you do, then good. Anger with a plan of action gets things done.
2. Reject them- Take everything from step one and focus on just how much this condition has impacted you negatively. Remember all of the times that you have identified yourself as being one and the same as the condition. Now vehemently reject it all. Declare that you deserve better health and that you will make it so. Never again make your identification and the condition one and the same by saying “I am diabetic, I am obese”. I'm sure that your mother did not name you diabetic or obese, so let it go and make a commitment of never returning to this state of tolerance.
3. Research them- We fear what we don’t know. I can’t tell you just how many times I’ve asked someone what meds they’re on, only to have them tell me that they have absolutely no idea what they're taking and they barely know why they’re taking it. This is a clear sign of tolerance and defeat. I get it, some of these medications are hard to pronounce and even hard to understand, but you’ll never defeat what you don’t understand.
If you have no idea what diabetes is or how you got it, then you are more likely to fail in your attempts to defeat it. Know your opponent and study the terrain, and the war is won. You want to reverse type-2 diabetes, then focus on the topic of diabetes reversal, because you become what you focus on. This means you need to create a new sub-culture for yourself all about type-2 diabetes reversal. The podcast you listen to, the blogs you read, the books you read, the videos you watch and your social media feeds should all be about the topic of type-2 diabetes reversal. By doing this, you will reprogram your subconscious mind to know that the reversal of type-2 diabetes is possible and a reality for you.
4. Prepare for them- Don’t think that you’re going to win a fight just because you’re fed up and tired of the condition. Victory requires strategic planning. If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail. Before you take action, you must make sure that you’re purposeful with that action. It’s only so long we can pontificate, theorize and read, at some point, the work has to be done.
From your research, you should have come across several things that would help you improve and or eradicate your condition. Jot down the most practical and sustainable of those ideas that you’ve come across. From that list create a daily plan of action that you feel relatively confident that you can execute on a daily basis for 30-days non-stop. Don’t overwhelm yourself by trying to throw on fifty-leven hundred things at once, 3-5 action steps will do. Finally, create ways to measure and reassess your progress every 7-days.
5. Neutralize them- What I’m about to write will initially sound crazy, but neutralizing the undesirable conditions is relatively simple and straightforward. In fact, the undesirable condition won’t even be your biggest opponent. Your biggest opposition will be your gumbo soup of feelings and thoughts. During your journey you will become well acquainted with fear, doubt, procrastination, perfection, laziness, overthinking and so much more. These will all be feelings and thoughts that may arise in your mind, but you should understand that those thoughts for the most part are all normal.
Why does this happen? In my opinion, this is the old you, testing the new you, to see how serious the new you really is about the new change. Unless your plan is putting your life in danger, then you must complete this 30-day period by any means necessary. It may seem like the old you is only trying to sabotage the new you, but I believe it’s trying to make sure that the new you has what it takes to be the new ruler and protector of the kingdom. Therefore, it’s challenge day!
I really hope this message touches you in a way to invoke a positive change in your life.
Also, starting Thursday, February 18th, HBAMN will be offering our annual Packs on Deck Sale. This is a sale where we offer some of our best selling products in Packs ranging from 3 to 12-packs, at a deeply discounted price. Don’t miss your opportunity to save 30% on our best-selling products (Vitamin-D). Click the link below and get on our notification list to be one of the first to know so you don't miss out on these huge savings!