What is the best salt?
So now that we have shown that salt is not the Boogieman let’s close this all out with solutions and recommendation.
First of all, regular processed table salt is better than no salt. But with that being said, table salt does rate the lowest as it pertains to health and quality, and this because although 97% of the salt is Na & Cl the other 3% are man-made chemicals, such as moisture absorbents and flow agents. The processing also radically alters the structure of the salt. Refined table salt is dried above 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit, and this excessive heat changes the natural chemical structure of the salt.
However when it comes to these next choices, not only is it unrefined & higher in quality, but it’s also better for health.
So what are your choices?
What you will notice is that none of these salts are naturally white. When you do see pure white salt, it is because it has been processed. Also, these salts mentioned above will also be rich in trace minerals and free of additives.